- Schools take steps to tighten security - "...a virtual security guard that grants or denies people access to the building based on whether they are registered sex offenders."
- Efficiency, high-tech tools mark new year - "'e' is not just for effort, but also for efficiency."
- Carnegie Mellon System Thwarts Internet Eavesdropping - "A user who thinks he is linked to an airport or coffee shop 'hot spot,' for instance, might actually be linked to a laptop of someone just a few seats away."
- Cleveland school security connect to police dispatch - "Officers in zone cars can listen and respond immediately to a school."
- New security measures in place in Manchester Local Schools - "He was impersonating a sheriff deputy at the (local) McDonalds prior to this..."
- Homeland Integrated Security Systems Expects Sales Boom Following Passage of House Resolution 3179 - “Being added to the GSA Schedule and GSA Advantage has really opened a lot of doors for our company.”
With the new school year starting up, various articles and blog posts have shown up on the radar indicating that 2008 may be the year of the security-conscious campus. The stories are linked below: