- Schools take steps to tighten security - "...a virtual security guard that grants or denies people access to the building based on whether they are registered sex offenders."
- Efficiency, high-tech tools mark new year - "'e' is not just for effort, but also for efficiency."
- Carnegie Mellon System Thwarts Internet Eavesdropping - "A user who thinks he is linked to an airport or coffee shop 'hot spot,' for instance, might actually be linked to a laptop of someone just a few seats away."
- Cleveland school security connect to police dispatch - "Officers in zone cars can listen and respond immediately to a school."
- New security measures in place in Manchester Local Schools - "He was impersonating a sheriff deputy at the (local) McDonalds prior to this..."
- Homeland Integrated Security Systems Expects Sales Boom Following Passage of House Resolution 3179 - “Being added to the GSA Schedule and GSA Advantage has really opened a lot of doors for our company.”
School's starting again; how's your security?
With the new school year starting up, various articles and blog posts have shown up on the radar indicating that 2008 may be the year of the security-conscious campus. The stories are linked below: